Thursday, September 10, 2015

Dear Reader

I'm back.  And here's why.

I began writing when I was 5 years old.
For ten years or so, if you asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would confidently say, "a writer."  But sometime in high school, someone made me believe that wasn't practical or profitable or real, and so I forgot about my childhood dream entirely.

About 6 years ago, a man I had never met before with a gift of prayer and prophecy and healing prayed over me and then asked, "Do you write?"  I was confused.  Well no, not really, I thought, but somehow I felt I should have a different answer. "God wants you to write," he told me.  That night, I rolled those words around my head thoughtfully as I fell asleep.



Still, I didn't write.  Not for years.  Sure, occasionally I would scribble some thoughts in a journal, but that was all.  Then, in light of the amazing story in Haiti that God had allowed me to take part, I began this blog because His love is for us all, and He wants me to write about it.

I took this blog offline about 8 months ago after someone had read every post and concluded that I deserved all credit and glory for the words it contained.  The distortion of it all and the damage it caused made me retreat into a hole.  Therefore, please take note:

Almost 25 years ago, God gave a little girl the dream of being a writer, and He wishes to use her pen to tell others about His great love story for the world.  This is why I write.  I am no one extraordinary, just an ordinary woman who is loved by an extraordinary God.  Any shred of truth you find here is not my own.  It belongs to the God I serve who chooses to speak to my heart.  All wisdom and insight and goodness and glory belongs to the God who created the universe and knows every heartbeat.  I am human, so what you find here is far from perfect.  Weigh it, test it, forgive my failings, but most importantly, praise the Lord and the Lord alone for all that is good.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back giving expression to God's gift to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are loved by an extraordinary God indeed. I am so happy that you are once again using your gift from Him to bring attention and glory to our Creator.

    ReplyDelete